close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No one mentions Westbranch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by lostthebig1, Jun 14, 2004.

1. I was just wondering... I have never caught anything at Berlin or Milton. I've always had a great fishing experience at Westbranch... it's my preferred lake if you don't have any late evening skiiers or tubers !!!MAN THAT MAKES ME ANGRY!!! I catch crappie and large bluegill all day... between 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm I catch my limit of walleye and smallmouth. I get ahold of an occasional muskie... using the same bait all day (JIG AND MINNOW) I need to find jigs with stronger hooks if I want to bring that occasional muskie in...

Oh yea once in awhile I bring in a nice hybrid striper but I them back because I heard they're not stocking those any more

Just wanted to drop a line...

2. I catch my share of walleye there also it is a great lake, sometimes the boaters and skiers help with a nice drift, the launch area does get pretty busy with the first time boaters , caught a 21 inch four pound walleye saturday, and rolled a bunch more using jig and nightcrawler. Maybe I will see you out there some time. Keep in touch.

3. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

No one mentions West Branch? Err....what was my report in the muskie/pike section? ;)

Actually, the Park Rangers, DOW and Portage Co. Sheriff Dept have been patrolling quite frequently out there. Though I still saw a couple of idiots, for the most part, people's behavior is much improved.

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks for dropping a line, and making a post. It sounds like you have that lake figured out, and are doing great. I'm glad to hear it. It seems like after the spring crappie fishing you don't see many posts for W.Branch, except for those made for muskie occasionally, like Worm Drowner posts. Other than that most posts are about "Where did the bass go?". But you will still also get some good fishing reports thrown in as well, so feel free to make yours as well. The more the merrier! ;) ;)

- Rumi

5. Where did the bass go? ...the end of my line! haha i wish. although i do think west branch is once again alive and well. i fished an ABA tournament out there in early may, same day as NOAA. I caught almost 30 largemouth that day flippin. I had 3 nice largemouth, 1 being 3.17 or somethign for big bass. i had over a dozen just shy of 12" and bunch of dinks. i had to throw two fish back after shrinking alittle on me and didnt stretch on the courtesy board. so there are plenty of smaller bass in west branch. fishing should get really good in a year or two! the bass are coming back! ...atleast in my opinion

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I like hearing that.:cool: It can be a real tough lake for bass.