close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

no luck in columbus

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by texasbassman, Aug 26, 2004.

1. hey guys ,,i been up here from texas for a while & i have had no luck catchin anything,anywhere . i live very close to griggs ,, ive tried the spillway numerous times w/ no luck.i dont really know of any creeks or rivers around here. i dont have a boat so im stuck w/ bank fishin' .any suggestions?? :confused:

2. where in texas r u from?

3. harry, im from just south of houston,,im used to catchin fish down there ,, it seems to be a bit tougher up here

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

if you're already fishing below Griggs dam, just head downstream from there. The smallmouth fishing can be quite good. I like the dam area once cool weather arrives.
    EH

5. esox tried it down stream too,, spose i just hit it at the wrong times,,, ill keep tryin'

6. esoxhunter

try areas with faster current. The "flat" water doesnt produce much for me.

7. If ya dont mind givin' it up,, what are you havin' luck with ??

8. esoxhunter

9. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

it's just a bad time of the year right now, in the fall it'll pick up. Until then, hit the areas with current, throw right into the current. If they're their, you'll get hit. Try small jigs, topwaters, small cranks.

10. THX alot esox for the tip,,, is there any other types of fish in there that are worth goin for?

11. i tried rollin some craws & worms down the rapids this mornin,, but no luck

12. hey basskisser you gettin this????

13. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

Yea Tex its was a tough Saturday morning for us. 4 dink smallies and that was it. I thought it would be good with a front coming. :confused:

14. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

The explanation seems simple to me.
    More fishermen and less water in Ohio ;)

My friends in Texas think this is just a fishermans excuse, Now you know it is a reality :D

15. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

that area in griggs is hit hard. i would try th olentangy

16. i spent several months in houston building a micro center. i love mud bugs. my fishing partner is from houston. he's been up here about 28 yrs. now but this si only his second year fishing here. we usually hook up on weekends, pm me if you want to go with us.

17. hey thx for the offer harry. I usually work weekends but i may see if i can pull a few strings & get off one weekend soon so you guys can show me how its done. :D