No luck at Knox!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cornfedboy3, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Spent this past weekend at Knox. Hardly a bite until way after dark. I gave up on any bass, so I thought a few channels would make up for it, but they passed up chubs, leeches, and nightcrawlers. I love that lake, but it just wasn't my weekend. Anybody else fish it recently?

2. Yeah we went 2 Mondays ago, A couple largemouths caught bottom bouncing nightcrawlers. I managed about 5 blue gills that's it. Some perch and a 5 inch muskie were also caught ;)

3. Did pretty good on the Largemouth a couple Sundays ago.

4. Fished it Sunday for a few hours. Didn't get there till about 11:00 but did have some luck fishing the shaded cover with a 10" power worm.

Read an article about a guy that fishes the Elite, that is from the Ohio river area (can't remember who he is?).

He stated that everyone downsizes in lakes that have smaller fish and that he found out, that if you throw the bigger baits, you'll have more success. He mentioned the 10" power worm in particular.

Figured I'd experiment with it and it's not to big!! :)

Oh and on that lake, try shrimp for catfish. Marinate them in that red spray you get at Walmart(??). I've had alot of luck doing that!!