Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the fine is for not having a sticker on your kayak ?

·
Off the beaten path
940 Posts
$178 back in 1996 for an expired boat tag. (Totally forgot) I imagine it is more now

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't get a tag until Tuesday on a new kayak

·
Bud n Burgers
2,542 Posts
The BMV just opened and no reasonable officer can expect that everyone can get their current tags, for everything, at the same time. Half the state has something that expired over this timeframe and I’m sure that there is some kind of unpublished grace period. I would go fish and, if stopped, tell him you have had no opportunity since they reopened and are going Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Very very long waiting lines at BMV for sticker but if you are near Sandusky ODNR boating office its should be a breeze compared to the damned slow and helpless local BMV's.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
yep forgot about cabelas as they do them also.

·
Off the beaten path
940 Posts
For the actual boat sticker or trailer tag?
It was for the actual boat sticker. I went out early March at Ladue and I forgot to renew. The DNR guy made me and my buddy get out of the boat and towed us back to 44 launch. I called Geauga County Court that Monday and Whammo. I'll never forget that lesson.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You don't need to go to the BMV if you can't or don't want to.

I just got the sticker for my new canoe from the ODNR watercraft office at Wingfoot Lake. I called, they sent me a pdf of the form, I filled it out and sent it back via email. I then called to pay over the phone and my sticker showed up in the mail two days later.

There is also a list of places besides the BMV where you can go and register in person on the ODNR website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts