close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No fishing license question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mac, May 29, 2007.

1. Mac

Mac

I fish on Lake Erie and plan on doing some fishing this summer with a friend and his wife. His wife does not fish and is planning on going along just to get some sun. My question is if we get stopped with fish in the cooler (no more than a 2 person limit) and have our license checked is this a problem?

2. As far as I know...unless she's holding a rod with a line in the water, you are good. 1 other thing to look at...I thnk u can only use 2 rods per person while fishing in Ohio so if your trolling with lines in, make sure theres no more than 2per licensed fisherman.

LOL...don't be running spreads for walleye like we run for tuna and billfish in the canyon.
    IE:
    [​IMG]

3. It shouldn't be a problem at all. As long as she doesn't have a pole in her hand or you have more than the allowed limit of poles out for 2 people she shouldn't have a problem. I have been fishing before with my girlfriend and she was just relaxing, reading a book, etc and had the warden check my license. I have never had a problem.

Jake