close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No Browns thread yet?????

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ParmaBass, Sep 18, 2005.

1. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Come on guys gotta give em some love. Barely holding on to beat the Packers. They looked pretty good today!

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

i spoke on em a little bit in the other thread.... i loved seeing Heiden chugg chuggin down the field to seal the deal....it was too close, but a good game, hopefully a taste of victory for the Browns will make them hungry for more wins!!! :) and how about Edwards run!!! sweet! Dilfer is a cool cucumber...this team has potential. although we seem to have some very serious competition in this division, I expect the Browns to put up respectable numbers this season. Actually Dilfer looked excellent today. And the O-line, NICE JOB!!! :)

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

They have such a poor defense I dont want to brag..Manning will torch them next week.

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I agree the game next week could get UGLY. But the Colts looked human today. You never know.......NEVER GIVE UP!!!

5. the browns played a good game. it was nice to see the yards after catch. this was a game they could win and they won it. give the credit.

6. The experts predicted the Browns would go 2-14. Great news! We are halfway there.:D

I know the defense still has a lot of glaring problems but the offense continues to show some bright moments. I sitll think they will win a few games this year. However, they will have to wait for preseason play until they manage to develop a defense.

7. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Yeah and the experts said the Bengals would go 7-9. :D

I'll give the Brownies credit they won on the road. I think you'll be better than anyone expected. Certainly not the worst team in the League.

8. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

For the Browns beating the Packers at Lambeau is like winning the division. GO BROWNS!

9. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I must admit...that was an impressive win...! WHO DEY. :D

10. They said it was way back in the 50's since they last won in Lambeau. I know I really did not think they could do it but the fact that they played hard all the way is a good sign for the team.

11. Does that mean the Browns are better since they are halfway to their total and the Bengals are at least a couple of weeks from theirs?:p

12. hardwaterfan

lol :D i wouldnt bet against the Browns any day. They will only improve. Next up is the Colts and they only scored 10 points this past weekend, although they won.

Im glad the Browns have their bye early. (after the colts weekend) They can study and improve. With so much new going on, i think it will help them a lot more now, rather than later on.

13. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

I think the O-fence is fine, but Droughens needs to step it up or get Suggs back quick. But during the bye week, they need to work on the D-fence.

14. Unfortuantely the defense is going to take more than a week to fix.:rolleyes: They just don't have a pass rushing presence and when you combine that with average coverage guys that spells trouble. Just like yesterday proved they will have their moments but I think more times than not their defense will struggle.

15. The 3-4 defense is going to take a while. Right now they are thinking too much and reacting a little too slow. If you are going to beat Romeo you better get him now. Once he has all the tools in place look out. Losing does not set well with this coach.

Also the players seem to really like playing for him. I figure the Colts will win this one but you know " on any given Sunday ". His defences have stymied Peyton before and will again as soon as he has the talent level that he possessed at New England.

Even during the pre-season you could tell he is way ahead of Butchie Boy Davis.

16. Papaperch got it...quick reaction time is mostly understanding what's going on..as the players become more comfortable with the new defense, they will react quicker. The thing that impressed me in BOTH games was the intensity level. These guys are playing hard the WHOLE game! While I will make no prediction of their record, I think the Browns will be fun to watch...win or lose & I think we are heading into a winning tradition again. I am really impressed with the front office & coaching.
    Read something interesting......the last time the Browns had back to back "no sack" games was 1992! Gee, this is the best thing Butch did here.....he left & an O-line came!!
    Mike

17. hardwaterfan

i was just gonna say the same thing.... its been 13 years since the browns had 2 back to back games with no sacks....thats really something, something bad! the futures so bright.....i gotta wear shades....i gotta wear shades... :cool:

18. I hope you are right but I don't totally buy into that philosophy. Defense is so much a reaction thing. Granted you have to recognize your responsibilities but aggresiveness should still be evident at all times. I just don't see the physical toughness on the D-line that is needed. Hopefully it is a maturity thing.

19. New England had their growing pains when Belichick and Co. got there. I also said we have to get our talent level up to New Englands level .

But Romeo's defensive scheme is solid and ergo his coaching ability. Tape a game now and tape a game at the end of the season. Regardless of opponent or outcome of game. Compare the two and see for yourself.

Stupid mistakes and penalties factored heavily in on all of Butch Davis teams. I do not think you will see that with this coach. I watched the team closely during pre-season and was trully amazed at far they had come after the fiasco of last year. Still lots of improvement is needed but Romeo is going to get R done.