close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No Big Screen

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 2talltim, Sep 2, 2004.

1. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

:mad: Oh i am fuming mad now....about 2 months ago my house was hit by lightning took out my 56" TV.....about 7 weeks ago i had the part sent out to be rebuilt the guy told me 2 weeks 3 at the most....here it is 7 weeks later i called him monday sayin hey man wheres my fix.....he didnt know: said he would call me back, well he didnt ....i called him back today same question "wheres my fix?"...his reply "oh im sorry i forgot"....said he talked to his rebilder type persons and they said parts are on back order will be next week at the eariest maybe longer :mad: ..did not make me happy....so to make a long story short ill be watchin; Buckeye kick off on my little 27"....or maybe ill go to buffalo wild wings :D ....anyway GO BUCKS!!!!! #1

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

2. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

You mean to tell me they make TVs larger than 27"? :eek: :eek: Heck, I'm in the stone age then.

3. Getting hit by lightning really stinks! My house got hit by lightning nearby and took out about 2000.00 worth of electronics. Then State Farm Insurance ripped us around... just gotta love it.

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

You need to get one of those super-nice surge protectors with insurance. Your incoming sat/cable, and your phone go directly through the recepticle first, in addition to all the components being plugged into them. They carry warranties of up to $5,000 for replacement if anything is damaged. They run around 50 bucks in a store, but are well worth it. I have a few cases I got wholesale and sell them for 20 bucks to my DirecTv customers. Drop me a PM if you want some. These are not your cheap 5.00 "surge protectors" you find at a dime store. These truly protect your electronics.

Oh, and GO BUCKS!!! :) But I won't get to see the game. :( I have my 5 yo daughter for the first time in 6 weeks (summer visitation schedule, 6 weeks per), and we are going to spend the day at the Canfield fair. :) Gotta put your priorities in order, you know! :D

5. catking

catking Banned

27" TV :eek: I still have a 19" TV. I kid you not. That is it, unless you count the 12" one in the bedroom. I have a telescope set up to watch it :D Oh yea, the 19" is COLOR and STEREO ;) .THE CATKING !!!

6. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

yea getting hit by lightning stinks ...especially when it happens 2 times within a year first time about this time last year $2300 damage and this june $2800 damage had no problems with insuranec just sucked to go throught the hassle

7. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I thought lightning never strikes twice in the same place!?! Remind me never to go fishing with you in uncertain weather with graphite poles and aluminum boats and such! :D

Sucks that that happened to you though...twice! :( You'll be a seasoned veteran next time you have to go through that process though! ;)

8. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

iv taken extra precautions i hope i never happens again....we grounged the house, electric, and phone boxes better...and bought better surge protectors