Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sept 30th. Since the Ohio River is so high my grandson and I went to a local lake to fish for catfish. We got out lines in the water 11:45, and we both caught a bluegill by 12:00. We then took the bluegill on our catfish rod for catfish bait. Around 12:15 I had some type of fish biting on the bait. It keep on pulling the bobber under then letting ggo of the bait. The fish never did grab the bait and take off with it so I never was able to hook the fish!

That was really the only bite on our catfish rods. I did try other baits, cut creek chub, and hot seasoned mett. So we did get some action going after the bluegills. Most off the time they just pecked off the piece of red worm. We moved to a different part of the lake, there we had better luck hooking the fish. I all my grandson caught 17, and I only 6. Once again my grandson beat me with more fish.

It was getting hot and the breeze had stopped so we called it a day at 15:00 heading for home. I was really hoping for the bluegill or the creek chub to get some catfish bites. Once again we turned to each other and said “WE TRIED”.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts