Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 12th. I picked up my grandson for some fishing. We got 2 tubs of red worms at our local bait shop on our way to the lake. When we arrived at 11:45 there was a shady spot for us to put out our lines. The strong breeze kept the temperature down to a pleasant level, but made watching our bobbers a challenge. My grandson landed his two Bluegills by at 11:50, before I had my line in the water. At 12:15 he snagged a 9 inch Black Crappie. I caught my first Bluegill at 12:30. After the first hour I had 2 bluegills my grandson had 11 and 1 crappie.

Things slowed down a little after then. My grandson hooked in a 1.2 pound channel cat at 13:25. He said it hit the red worm as soon as it hit the water, took him by surprise. 14:00 he caught his second Black Crappie. I started to finally catch some Bluegills, however my grandson was still hooking them as well. We called it a day at 14:45 and compared totals for this trip. Once again he had the most fish and the biggest fish. He caught 25 Bluegills, 2 Black Crappies, and one channel cat. I only landed 12 Bluegills. It was a very nice time pleasant temperature, and some action for a change. A number of family events will be taking place the next few weeks. So it looks like we will get out on the river sometime in June. We did have a good time fishing together.

http://cincinnaticatfishing.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts