nite bite/what line

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by freyedknot, Mar 16, 2008.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

for the nite bite trolling ,do you prefer the super braids??? i know for tangles, i prefer my mono. i somehow think the line stretch plays a part for catching the hogs? for spoon trolling i use the super braids.

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

Van I use 10 pound Maxima for my planer board rods, I have used Berkley XT as well and have had no issues with it as well but feel the Maxima is better, I use the green line, this line is used by many top pro's who run mono on for cranks, spinners etc. I have had 30 inch steelies ripping boards back while trolling the mouth of the rocky and at 72nd and can get them into the boat no problem it's very abrasion resistant, super super strong, this line is awesome I won't run anything else, and the 10 pound matches the diver curves in the trolling books

3. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

I use the Berkely XT also and have not had any issues either. I've always used mono when running boards and sticks. I only use the braid setups when running dipseys and jets. Can't wait to see that first board sliding back and hear the reel ticking away !:T