Nine Muskie while fishing for bass

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JWAY, Nov 6, 2008.

1. JWAY

JWAY

Wow what a buetiful November day. Couldn't help myself being new to the area and seeing such a wonderful forecast thought maybe I'd go and hook into a few smallies at my local favorite, Piedmont. Tied on a shad rap at about 7 30 in the a.m. and started pumping the shoreline, my partner was throwing a chartuse crank. At about 7 45 WHAMMMM my poor shad rap got crushed!!! Drag ripping off my Shimano Citica as the fish dove to the bottom. My mind started racing as did my heart beat. I thought maybe I had caught myself a relly nice eye, judging from the dive. As I finally got the toothy S O B to the boat and realized it was a musky. Netted it and released it. Fish of a thousand cast my @55. Caught another one three or four cast later. Now dont get me wrong fun to fight on semi light tackle. We netted eight more and raised six or so more. This carried on untill about noon. I ended up having to tie on a steel leiter(spelling?). This may sound like an exageration, it's not. We didn't land any other species of fish. Sad to admit.
    Is this a fluke? Has this lake been over stocked with these fish? The sizes ranged from 27'' to 42'' being the biggest.
    I guess I'll end up saugeye fishing the rest of the season untill the ice. Wish I knew how to really fish for those saugeye.:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

Piedmont is rumored to be a good muskie lake, but hell, I guess!

Black and white shad rap? :) Everything seems to go nuts for black and white. I'm getting another minnow rap, a shad rap, and a fat rap in those lovely colors today. My dad and I fish together, and he hogs the silver minnow rap, and proceeds to skunk me. No color like it!

3. JWAY

JWAY

No. /?? 3 inch rapala shad rap deep runner. Traditional shad color.

4. No this is not a fluke (this time of year). The muskie will put the feed bag and load up for the winter.

Congrats on a fine day of fishing even though it may not have been as you wanted. I know several hundred people that pray for days like you had. lol

5. LOL I was there last week winfd blowing birds had to fly because they couldnt stay on the ground. I was fishing for skis and couldnt even get a sniff so I went to saltfork on Saturday with tne same results its always should of been here last week or the wrong lake lol Congrats