close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisilla 4/22/08

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mpd5094, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Fished from about 8am to 1pm. We only caught four LM's, of which two were keepers. Spinnerbaits and lizards. Water was around 60 deg. and muddy. A little breezy out there.

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

A little breezy at time for sure, then nothing the next minute.
    I got out at 6:30 and left at 2pm.
    Landed 21 LM but if you take away all the ones under 12'' I landed 9.
    2 biggest went 3.1lb and 3.0lb followed by 4 between 2 and 2.5lb.
    All the better ones came before 7:30. Once the sun came up so did the
    dinks. I too found water temps in the 57-60 range.
    pics in my photo gallery.

3. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

Damn Smallieguy, you're crushing them. What kind of boat are you in, I'll look for you out there!!! I'll be out there on Thursday all day!

4. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

I wouldn't be there on thursday at all.
    I float an off white w/red stipes smokercraft.
    2 trollin motors and a white johnson outboard.
    Friday am and maybe Sunday are my plans.

5. dmills4124

dmills4124 don m

we have the blue/silver Terry bass Boat w/115 hp evinrude. we will be out there thurs morning. My bride and I that is. Oh and Rocky Diablo, Our little furry boy. I'll be trying some homemade swim/spinner baits. of course we'll have jerks and raps. We'll let all know how we did. Maybe someday we'll be allowed to post pics. Good Luck ya'll Keep those lines wet.
    don m

6. Get Fish

Get Fish 2100 FishMaster

I frequent Nimisila quite often, but always fish from the bridge on Christman @ Comet...and along the roadside. I was just wondering how deep is Nimisila as well as its shallowest dept. What would be the biggest boat that a person could or should put on there? I have a 21' deep V with a 150 HP and 9.9 kicker and was wondering if that would be okay or too much????

Thanks for any comments

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

The deepest I've seen is a little over 30' by the dam. It may also be that deep on the NW side where they draw water over to Turkeyfoot Lake.

Your boat would be fine. They have tourny's out there where they all have the big bassboats like yours. I would launch from either launch on Christman Rd. I wouldn't launch yours at the Main St ramp.
    The question is whether you have the trolling motor and batteries big enough to pull that heavy boat all over all day long?
    It's an electric only lake and you CAN drop your gas motor in the water for use as a rudder as long as you do not use it.

8. Get Fish

Get Fish 2100 FishMaster

Thanks for the info! I have a 80 lb thrust Minn kota Terrova w/ 2 big batteries...which I think should do the trick.

9. dmills4124

dmills4124 don m

I was tired of cabin fever. Now I'm tired of the WIND. Nimi can sure get to wippin when the wind is se to nw. Today they would not hit anything on the west side where the waves were hitting the shore. A little tough. Had to skip the lures across the surface or the wind just took em. We'll try again tomorrow. Hope we can tare em up like last week. Couldnt go wrong last week.
    Ain't bass fishin grand. As Randy would say "it's da bomb".
    later ya'll
    don m