close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisilia

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ProHawg, Feb 13, 2005.

1. I am thinking of fishing Nimisilia this spring and was wondering, since it is electric only, if I must take my motor off of my boat, or can I leave in on and just lift it out of the water and take my gas tank out of the boat. Also, I believe that this is a city owned res. and was wondering if I needed a permit to fish it. Thanks a bunch Prohawg

2. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Been fishing Nimisila for over 30 years.
    No permit required and it is not necessary to remove your gas motor..just tilt it up.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Nimisila is a state owned park, not a city owned park. Awesome big bass lake in the spring!!!!

4. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Ohbaby now you're talkin'. I fish that lake at least 3 days a week from
    ice out to ice up and ncraft is right its a great big bass lake.
    Look me up in a month or so I'd be happy so share info and or spots
    with anyone.

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I fish it with the gas motor down, gas line unplugged.
    It helps to have a rudder in the back with the electric in the front. The rangers never had a problem with it, even the big one with the sloppy car.

6. cw261

cw261 Member

Just make sure you have your boat registration and all of your safety gear - I've been stopped twice by the Division of Watercraft the last few years, and both times it's been on Nimisila. They don't have to abide by the electric only rules, by the way. I got a nice inspection sticker for the boat, though!

7. Dingo

Dingo

... and make sure that it's a state officer who is doing the inspection. There are still some guys that would love to give you an "inspection". In other words, keep an eye out for guys appearing to be too 'friendly'. Nimmi is a known 'meeting' site.

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

cw is right.
    They will come flying up on you with a quiet 4 stroke motor. You won't even hear them till they are on top of you.
    I've been checked out there several times too. Mainly concerned with lifejackets and alcoholic beverages.
    They usually check you on Nimisila on a weekday in the afternoon. Just when you would expect them not to be there.

9. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Wow, I've never seen the Div. of Watercraft out there. Always a lot of Rangers though. I leave my gas motor down for a rudder also and I never unhook the fuel line. No Ranger has ever complained about it. Just don't start the gas motor.

I ask a Ranger to inspect my boat before I launch it for the first time each year. I was told by a Ranger as long as they can see your inspection sticker and a life jacket they will never stop you unless your doing something wrong. I leave my life jacket on the seat so they wont mess with me during a tourny.

10. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

ncraft150 is right on the money with the life jacket tip and
    i have only seen the man out there twice in 4 years and I fish
    that lake 3-4 times a week.
    but either way leave your gas motor on the boat and like
    ncraft150 said just dont start it.
    dingos advice shoukd be paid strick attention to unless ofcourse
    you're that way :eek: :D :D :D :D

11. JV1

JV1

heh heh holy moly .. i thought they cracked down and cleaned up over there?