close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila Wednesday

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Hitting it with my buddy from work, anchorman Eric Mansfield. Hell, I figure if I can put my 6 year old on bass at Nimisila, I should be able to get TV boy on some fish. LOL. Should be fun.

Actually, we're great friends too. He was over in the Middle East doing his duty for almost the last year. Glad to have him back. I told him I would take him fishing when he got back, man, I hope he's ready!!! LOL!!!!

Carl

2. Good luck today at nimi, tell eric that even if he cant hook into a bass that we will still respect him.

3. Well, we made it out there. Eric isn't the best fisherman in the world by any stretch. Has taken his kids a few times, and been on 1 Erie walleye charter, but the beers clouded his memory. Anyway, we got there about 8:15, tried one spot for about an hour with me having 1 hit on a sluggo.

Moved to another spot and it was looking pretty bleak. Conditions were PERFECT though. There were big carp and gills jumping and hitting the surface everywhere. I had him Texas rigged with a ZOOM red shad U-tail worm. We were hitting a few weed beds I know if and WHAM. He hooked into a 4 1/2 pounder. Told me it was the biggest fish he ever caught. About three more casts and WHAM! A 5 pounder!!!! I caught a 3 1/2 pounder, then we really got into the fish! ;) We ended up with 10 all together, but right near the end of the trip, I broke off 2 fish, he broke off 1 that was as big or bigger than the others he caught. It was an absolute blast.

When he was in Kuwait/Iraq and missing seeing water, I promised him I'd take him bass fishing and he'd have all the water he wanted. I'm just glad he caught some REAL quality fish and am glad I could share the experience with him. He had his digital camera and we did take pix. After he emails me with them, I'll post them.

Carl

4. Sounds like a good time Carl................ Rich

5. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Good job Carl and Eric!

6. :D What Kind Of Beer Were You Guys Drinking? :p JUST KIDDING..THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE IN A LIFETIME..I;LL BET THAT WAS EXCITING...IM STILL WAITING FOR MY ONCE IN A LIFETIME :cool: CONGRATULATIONS GUYS....

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Congrats Carl, you've got to be pumped! :cool:

8. Hey Carl, great story. Please give your friend Eric my thanks for serving our great country and protecting my freedom and I'm glad he made it back safe.

Steve

9. north or south end of the lake ? fished the north allot lately only a few smallish ones . gald to hear someone is catching some good fish

10. The bigger fish are moving South.

Oh, and ARGEE, the beers were on the Erie charter, not the Nimisila one. We both had to work.....

Carl