Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Went fishing at nimi today, got there about 6 pm. Shore fishing with two rods one buzz bait the other a plastic worm. No sitting for me, I hit a spot then move on. I will first cast the worm, if nothing hits I will try the buzz bait. Well tonight started out slow, first spot I tryed got one bass. What a sick looking fish it was, poor thing, it was so skinny and curved like an s. Belly sunk in, it weighted about 1/2 pound but was 15" long. Any ideas what was wrong with this fish? Anyhow after that got back into my car going north on christman just past the main sign for the camp ground. took the first parking lot on the left. I like to work both sides of christman road, in all I had 4 hits within 1/2 hr, 8:30 to 9:00, pm. And I missed everyone of them ouch, two of them I got to the bank but they both came off at my feet. Bass number 3 hit but never hooked. number 4 hit my buzz bait from under a tree but missed, so I droped that rod and picked up my worm rod cast that out and wham I let him have it but no hook up it just spit the worm back at me. Does anyone else have days like this? Bass number 2 was a whopper, a 4 pounder for sure. Thats fishing for you, some days you hook em up, other days you just can't set the hook. I do hone my hooks and give them the thumb nail test, today the fish won. Tomorrow will be mine.......I hope:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were you fishing at the pipe, and I said something about all the trash?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ya it was super trashed right there we filled a bag up before we left and took it with us there was still a bunch laying around

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
i hate them days were you cant get it right,just wanted to ask if you heard any bull frogs over there iv only been on main street side,not trying to jack your post just thought i ask thanks markfish

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Ya it was super trashed right there we filled a bag up before we left and took it with us there was still a bunch laying around
I usually fish the peninsula accross from the culvert... took one five gallon bucket full of trash home with me, and i could have filled up 10 more easy. I know this comes up all of the time on these fourms, but it really is PATHETIC that people cant take the crap out with them. I left the used underwear and the "raincoats" there(sorry that aint gettin touched by me).
Hey Catch-and-relaese.... there is always next time, at least they were hittin for you even if you didn't land the big one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its good to bring it up though the more its in the fore front of peoples minds the less likley they will throw that gatorade bottle on the ground.

·
Will Yak For Food
2,947 Posts
Well, Catch-n-release,.............It looks like at least you've got the "release" part perfected. ;) It's funny how, with topwater baits, the conventional wisdom says to resist setting the hook until you feel the weight of the fish..You've gotta wonder if this catches more fish or not. Are you giving them more time to grab it or spit it out. Check out this video with the grandaddy of fishin' --Tim.
........................................................................................................................................ Face Head Common chimpanzee Human Primate

Attachments

·
Will Yak For Food
2,947 Posts
Here's another great tip about hooksetting with a slack line . Very nicely illustrated --Tim.
................................................................................................................................................................. Common chimpanzee Terrestrial animal Primate Snout Organism

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't pick up trash, what I do pick up is fishing line, lots and lots and lots of fishing line. I hate it when people over fill there spool thinking they will get a longer cast. But what they end up with is a big old birds nest that has to be cut lose lol. Here's the part I don't understand, after cutting it lose they drop it on the ground. Do they not know or just don't care about animals that get tangled up in this stuff. I better stop now befor I get started. Seabolt, you got the right idea,picking up after other people, I may do the same. What happend to the trash cans at nimi? they need to put them back. New thread coming up about fishing nimi today the 24th;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's another great tip about hooksetting with a slack line . Very nicely illustrated --Tim.‪Plastic Worms Bass Pros Woo Daves Fishin N 4‬‏ - YouTube................................................................................................................................................................. View attachment 47857
Thanks Wow for the help, but I think I was having an off day, that happens sometimes. a person can lose concentration after beating the water for hours. Thanks again:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i hate them days were you cant get it right,just wanted to ask if you heard any bull frogs over there iv only been on main street side,not trying to jack your post just thought i ask thanks markfish
I'm not on main street, I was on christman heading north, cross nimisila RD this is where the campground sign is and the road splits for a short time. It's the very next parking lot, it's on the left. I fish the main lake thats on the west side of the road and the small pond thats on the east side of christman RD. Great place to fish plus no boats can get in the small lake.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I usually fish the peninsula accross from the culvert... took one five gallon bucket full of trash home with me, and i could have filled up 10 more easy. I know this comes up all of the time on these fourms, but it really is PATHETIC that people cant take the crap out with them. I left the used underwear and the "raincoats" there(sorry that aint gettin touched by me).
Hey Catch-and-relaese.... there is always next time, at least they were hittin for you even if you didn't land the big one.
That is a hot spot in the fall, buzz baits in the lily pads, spinner baits in the deeper water, great spot. Also a great spot for late season crappie:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts