close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila Sun Night

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Redear, May 31, 2004.

1. Fished Nimisila lake sun evening for bass with my son from 4 til dark.
    Caught 15 most about 2lbs. one 3lbs. on worms and crank baits.
    Threw spinner baits alot but not one fish caught on them even right at dark?

Fred

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I never use spinnerbaits at Nimi.
    Worms, lizards, soft jerkbaits, in-line spinners and topwater. The area between the campground launch ramp and the big island is great around dusk on poppers. 3-5' of water right over the weeds is a blast.

3. bgpark1

bgpark1 Catching and Releasing

Was out on the water Sat Morning in kayaks with my brother... nailed a # of huge crappie 12-15 inches.... tons of little bluegill..... a few nice bass biggest 18 in.... switched to an erie derie just to see what would happen with a live night crawler.... threw it out and slowly retreived it across the bottom... about 15 yards away from my kayak..... WHAMMM... something big nailed it and took off.... i yelled to my bro.... and about the time he said holy ****.... snap.... line busted not the time to have 6 lb test on the main rod..... tied on another erie on my other rod with 12 lb test but no luck... :( .... so switched to the flyrod and played for about an hour more.... suprisingly the weeds were not bad yet.... but they are growing fast.