close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila Strategy?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by WPM, May 21, 2007.

1. WPM

WPM

I guess this is my first post to what is obviously a great board.

I'm going to try Nimisila for the first time this week, trying for bass, with my 14 ftr and the usual suspects (spinner baits, crank baits, buzz baits and yum-dingers*)

Appreciate any strategy suggestions: pound the shoreline, look for points, hit the weedbeds, go deep?

*Has anybody tried the new "fork-tailed dingers" (or whatever they're called?) Sunday morning at LaDue I had a bass take one and hold on all the way back to the boat before he decided something wasn't quite right.

Anyway - great board. Hope I'll have something worth reporting.

WPM

2. Devildog and I hit the lake last sat. Most of his fish came off crank baits about 5-6 ft off the shore. My fish came off a few different lures but the biggest came off a crank bait also. I also caught fish off a spinner bait and a dinger. Most of the fish we caught we not really tight to cover but I guy I talked to said the day before he caught 30 fish all came right off wood cover. But that day they didnt seem to be there. Nimi is a great lake. Good luck and be sure to post your results so we know how you did. We'll be back out there next sun.

3. i've had good luck with a 6inch plastic worm (black) the past few times i've been there. If you can find the "spot" they will hammer it all day long.

4. The fluke is my favorite for bass on that lake. A buzz bait when the water warms up. Good luck.

5. WPM

WPM

Thanks for the tips.
    I got out on Tuesday, fishing continuously from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Started at the North end and worked around the entire lake. In the last two hours, the little bass started hitting my Yum-Dingers, but otherwise I was pretty clueless - as in ten hours without a hit.
    I talked to one gentleman who said he got 7 bass between 8:00 and 9:00 am on a firetiger crank bait in 6-8 fow, and two guys in a bass boat who had picked up 10 (mostly small) by hitting the edge of the weeds.

At least I got to learn something about the lake. I definitely need a better fishing map - kept getting surprised to find I was in 2-3 fow 80 yards from shore.
    Next time I'll be better prepared. It might also help to pick a day that's not all sun and no wind.