close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila shorefishin

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ranger4x4, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Well the girlfriend's parents called us this morning said they were planning on heading out to Nimisila. Man was I upset to go fishing two days in a row and still get to hang out with the significant other lol. Well as usual I missed the road to the dam, as it isn't even on the map I have. When we all got turned around and back to the dam, there were a few people in the corner spot and we didnt have any luck out along the wall. So went out to Christman road and parked at one of the launch areas and fished along the shoreline for a while. After I finally got settled in to a spot where I could perform the 40-mile cast without taking trees with me, it was pretty late so we ended up leaving shortly after. Managed a decent channel cat though, and they were catching the occasional bluegill, perch and crappie. Can't wait until I can put a boat on there, looked like perfect conditions to drift-fish today.

2. It's been over a year since I went to Nimisila and I'm not very familiar with the lake, but I might go with a few friends this weekend for catfish. I know the lake is great for bass, so I've heard, but is the lake any good for catfish from shore? Any tips I could use on my upcoming visit? Thanks

Rob T.

3. I've seen guys catfishing from shore out there. Not sure if they were catching any or not, but I've seen them out there.

4. one time i was up there bass fishing and as i was coming back in a catfish tourney was just starting. i have no idea how they did though, but there must be some in there.

5. I'm pretty confident that if I got out there around 5 in the afternoon and fished the same spot as I was in, I'd probably catch plenty of channel cats, I'm just not sure how large they would be. I was parked at the big parking lot on christman rd, where they park vehicles with trailers. There's a path along the shoreline there with decent spots to cast from along it.