close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila question

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Zom B., Jul 5, 2007.

1. Zom B.

Zom B. disMembered

I hate to prod you guys with these questions, but I was hoping for a little info.

At the advice of a few here, I have decided I would like to take my first trip to Nimisila, this weekend, around 7 in the morning. Unfortunately, my time will be short. I thought that it would be best for me to limit my fishing to one area. Also, I noticed that there are a few boat ramps there. This leads me to my question:

If you were hitting Nimisila for the first time, in search of largemouth, what area of the lake would you concentrate on? I was thinking of trying the northern half, as it seems from the DNR map that it has some interesting features, but I don't know how accurate that map is, or what type of cover is available.

Also, what boat ramp would be the best to use?

Any info you might supply would be appreciated.

2. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

I would go to the South Main St. launch ramp. It's been slow and frustrating lately though.

3. Zom,
    The main structure in that lake is weed beds which are everywhere. I don't know if there is an area of the lake better than another. The ODNR maps are decent for sure. If you can find a drop off with a weed bed on the flat above the drop I would focus on that. I too like the south main ramp

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

The weedbeds are gone on the south portion of Nimi. That changes how I would fish this lake for bass bigtime.
    If I was fishing for bass on Nimi I would concentrate on the deep underwater humps on the south end towards evening with a dropshot rig.

5. Zom B.

Zom B. disMembered

Good information. It looks like the bass fishing has been slow everywhere, I guess. Well, we'll see what happens.

Thanks again,
    Ron