close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila launch ramps

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mike leesville, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Went to Nimisila Reservoir today to check out launch ramp at W. Nimisila Road. It looked kind of shallow there. I have a Crestliner CX1754 (aluminum). Has anyone had any trouble launching there? I see that there other launch ramps around the lake - I was wondering if someone could please recommend the best one. Most of the ice gone - except at the south end. Never fished this lake before but heard alot of good things about it. Any recommendations? Thanks.

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

I've seen 20ft bass boats use that launch, you'll be fine.

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I agree with smallieguy. You'll have no problem launching there.

I haven't launched since they redid the ramps last fall, but I don't think they dredged or messed with the ramp itself. They just repaved the parking lots and added some rip-rap.
    The best one is off of the south end of Christman Road (the other side of the lake). Launch in the lower parking lot, park in the upper lot.

4. I Like The W Nimisila Ramp Best. Try Throwing Small Jerkbaits On The
    Shallow Flats; I Got Into The Bass Last Week, Just Work Them Slow.
    Good Luck

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Just watch that SE ramp if its windy! You can have a TERRIBLE time getting back on your trailer. If the wind is out of the west with any speed, I go to the Main St. ramp on the west side. ;)