close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

nimisila info.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bspike74, Jun 29, 2007.

1. hi.... palnning to go to nimisila on sat. early .... how is the fishing in the lake this time of year if anyone has been there lately.... i fish portage lakes and i do well there but the boat traffic is to much sometimes over there....i will be looking for bass and crappie.... thanks

bspike

2. devildog#1

devildog#1 hardcore fisherman

junkyard bass and myself went down last sat. We did ok about 16 fish between the two of us. nothing really big though except for one 18" jyb got. Are next trip down will be in the evening .

3. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

It is slowing down a little at Nimi.....

4. Bass are off the bank, fish worms on the humps and points. Hold your mouth just right and you might catch a big one! Good Luck! P.S. try topwater in the A.M.

5. OldSchool

OldSchool Saved Fish

Have to agree with Dmuntean… the bass bite does seem to have slowed. I don’t know if it is the weather or a summer pattern that is setting up.
    Catfish seem to be rather spunky. Today I pulled in two of them on crankbaits.

Talking about Nimi… what happened to the weed beds in the middle of the lake? This time last year they were in full bloom, on top of the water and you couldn’t burn thru them with the trolling motor without getting stuck. Those mid-lake weeds seem to be non-existent.

6. thanks for the info i might just give it a shot.... if it doesn't work i will run back to portage to end the day....thanks again

bspike

7. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

Hey Old School. I know they treated the water for weeds about a month ago. That is the reason for th lack of them. I guess for fishing it can be good and bad. They also treated Portage.... C-ya out there!!!!

8. Sammonator

Sammonator Fish when I can...

I've been having some success wading the shorelines and hitting the abundant lily pad areas...last Friday I had 2 or 3 hookups on bass that went over 4 lb. only to lose them when they were within arms-length. Most of my success has come on a purple 7" worm on a weedless hook and little/no weight attached. Hope this helps!