close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila (Fri., 1-21)

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Jan 21, 2005.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Never been to the lake before, decided to give it a try today after work. Tried 2 spots.

spot 1, the lot on the west side of the lake off of south main street.

ice, 2", clear as glass. not yet safe....give this area a few more days. caught a couple small perch here. suprisingly deep close to shore.

spot 2, "haynes bay"??? by lot c-4, about 6-8 guys out fishing.

ice, about 3".

caught a lot of dink perch, spot lives up to its nickname. Nice suprise at dark, nice size crappie started biting pretty good then shut off after it got to be pitch black. A few guys still there after i left (around 8), hope they turned back on for them.

perch, gills, and crappie...what an enjoyable evening....welcome back ice fishing season, dont do that again!! :D

im really glad i went, i will give this lake at least one more shot this season and go chase some of them walleye around you guys talk about!! thanks again for the advice guys.

2. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

Nice report HWF, Glad to see you made it out OK.

Some slabs sound good right about now...after eating smelt for the last 2 weeks, I sure could use a nice fat fillet ;)

3. hardwaterfan

thanks man, it was SO great to finally get out, not have to worry about workin the next day, and just spread out and really break in the new gear.

"caught a lot of dink perch, spot lives up to its nickname"

i meant to say gills, not perch.

4. Where Is This Lake Located I Woul Not Mind Tring It Some Time If It Is Not To Far From Me

5. hardwaterfan

I think its considered one of the portage lakes. its the southernmost portage lake (?)

its near barberton, to the southeast.

its "somewhat" close to 77 and 619.

i took 8 south to 77 south to 619 west to "south main street" south. the lake is to the east of south main street.