1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
when did you get that?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Dang I must have left too early again. I was on the bridge till 11:30pm, but left as my lantern died.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My cousin and I get one every year fishing for bass in spring/early summer.
Always mid-lake and north end, on weed bed edges, on crankbaits or lipless cranks.

My buddy caught a nice one ice fishing the south end last year, even though the season was nonexistent for me. He was watching channel cats on camera and a walleye came into view and grabbed his swedish pimple.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
In the last 16 years I have probably spent close to 15,000 hours fishing Nimmy and not only have never caught an Eye have not seen one caught they are that rare. I still think I have a better chance of catching Nessie while fishing with Bigfoot than I have of catching the mythical Nimmy Eye.😁😁😁

Congrats on that beauty!

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
I've probably put in 50 hours strictly targeting walleye at that lake. Trolling cranks, crawler harnesses, jigs and minnows and vibes through the ice.
Nothing but catfish and bass

I caught 1 yearling walleye on a tip up.

When I was a preteen child I caught a few saugeye on minnows and bobbers.

With the catch rate for walleye at nimislia being almost nonexistent, I wonder why its still stocked?

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Beautiful catch

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Nimisila was the featured lake on the back page of Ohio outdoor news last week. They stated walleye recruitment at Nimi was 1/10 that of other stocked NEO lakes and walleye stocking was discontinued. I don’t remember the exact year. 2019 I think was the last year stocked.
Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts