close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila Electric Only Question

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Buick Riviera, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

I understand Nimisila is electric only. If I raise my combustible engine out of the water and disconnect the fuel line will I be legal using the electric trolling motor only?

Thanks,
    Buick

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

yes... I don't think you even have to dissconnect anything, just tilt motor out of water and don't use it and you'll be fine.

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

disconnect gas to motor, tilt it up, and run your electric trolling motor...you should be good to go.

flash---------------------------out

4. Ra0035

Ra0035 Member

Is that on all electric lakes?

Can you do the same on a under 10hp lake if your motor is bigger then a 10hp and you have an elelctric?

5. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Those rules are specific to Nimisila, I'd contact the DNR and ask them about other lakes. I never dissconnected my gas, but I've never been checked either. I've seen big boats out there on plane, and they weren't the DNR boats, these were big Bass boats.

6. MikeD

MikeD Member

On LaDue, East Branch, and Mogadore you must remove the motor and gas tank.

7. At Dale Walborn (10 hp lake) you're allowed to fish with your trolling motor.
    But there isn't any fish in there anyway!!

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Boy, this is something like the 5th time I posted this information and most people are still wrong.
    You can put your gas motor in the down position on Nimi. You don't have to tilt it out of the water. Just don't use it.
    Call the watercraft division office on Arlington Rd at 330-644-2265 they will tell you the same thing. It's posted right on their wall.
    I use mine as a rudder.

9. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Ditto to what Lewzer said. One of the officers even lets you load your boat with the big motor, but it is agains the rules. If you get the wrong officer you will be ticketed power loading the boat. I never take the chance, but I know a lot of guys who do.

10. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

Was there last night and did just fine catching the LM on the deep channel ledges.

Talked to a couple of groups that did well on the crappie in the same general areas. Once you figure out Walborn you'll keep coming back.

Hint: Bright colored cranks and spinnerbaits, dark colored jigs and plastics... ;)

Bob

11. Ra0035

Ra0035 Member

Where do i get the info on the other lakes, I check the ODNR website and they had nothing