Nimisila Cats?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CatfishWilly, Jun 23, 2008.

1. CatfishWilly

CatfishWilly Team Swamp Donkey

Just moved to Barberton and I'm hitting up Nimi with my dad this Saturday. Just wondering if you guys could throw me a little advice about the cats out there.

2. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

I've got friends that fish there. Give me a call and I'll put you in touch.

3. I've alway done well in about 10 feet of water with bluegill on the bottom. Also have caught plenty with good old nightcrawlers. If you're fishing from shore, try anywhere along Christman Rd.

4. I have caught a couple of decent cats from Christman rd(and released them)on minnows and spleen.!$

5. Me an my buddy shore fish from the back entrance by the spillway. If you go down main and turn on jones road (gravel road) follow that down to the parking lot. That whole shoreline is good for cat. We managed to pull in about 7 cat around midnight til 2am. Biggest one was 4lbs. All averaged around 2-3lbs.

Also there is an area called the point if you walk all the way down the mound to the spillway. Couple friends of mine pulled in some HUGE cat a few weeks ago. Supposedly they caught a blue cat as well. I seen about 10 hogs they had when they was heading out.

[​IMG]