close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila and Cuyahoga River

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sluggo, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Hello Everyone!
    I'm so glad I found this site and all of you! Its so great to meet people like all of you who love to fish and hunt as much as I do! I moved to the Akron area from the Steubenville area about 6 years ago, so I have been here quite some time. But I never had the time to fish as my work had me traveling all over the country. Anyway, I have more time now and am trying to learn as much as possible about where to fish, what to use, etc. to make the most of the little fishing time I have. My father is coming up this weekend and we are planning to fish Nimisila for bass and also the Cuyahoga river for bass and pike. Does anyone have any pointers they could offer us regarding where to go on these waters, what to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, is there anywhere on the Cuyahoga to put my 12' aluminum boat in. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this and thanks for your responses!

2. Nimisila, red shad ZOOM worms Texas rigged, ZOOM Super Flukes (Arkansas Shiner), or Pop-R's on top in the evenings. There are also decent crappie and big gills being caught on the deeper weed edges.

You can also get bass on Rat'l' Traps along the deeper weed edges.

You can launch a boat in the Cuyahoga at Water Works Park in Cuyahoga Falls.

Good luck out there and welcome to OGF.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

I've fished the Cuyahoga for Pike for about 8 years now. For me its a little early yet. I like it from mid Oct-Nov. If I were going out now I would use a 6 inch supending, silver with rattle lure. I've seen one guy out fish me with one. :rolleyes:

<><Baitkiller><>

4. fish nimi often have found that zoom c tail in june bug is the best for me have used allot of diff baits there always come back to june bug 4 inch or 7 . Nowthe cuyahoga is a diff story depends on water levels and what kinda bass smallies are all over in the rapids i usually fish waterfalls for bigger fish but any little pool below some rapids will work.