close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila 6/3/07

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Took Nick out for some bassin... The worm bite was off, only two fish. The topwater bite, however, made up for it. Pop R's were ON FIRE. Fish were very agressive out near the weed patches... They're still under water, but in a few weeks, they'll matt up...

Nothing like topwater bassin... FUN!!!

Also, so the bald eagle again, plus a loon with two young birds...

2. I was at Nimi today and only got two Bass till I started using a 4 inch watermelon senko on a 3/16 oz shakey head type jig. My cousin was using a drop shop 4 inch watermelon Senko. From two humps we boated over 50 Bass from 10 to 2. We had many fish over 19 inches. Probably on of my top 10days ever Bass fishing. Had a kicker 38 inch channel cat on a rattle bait. All fish on weedy humps.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Your right Carl, the worm bite was off here too. Top water and cranks worked at Griggs today.

4. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

nimi bass.jpg

Caught a 5 lb. hog on a white spinnerbait. Nothing else all day!!!!!!!!!!

5. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

50 bass, are you kidding me????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

6. It seems the big fish have moved off of the spawning areas and are schooled up on isolated humps. If you can find them. You can sit in one spot all day and catch fish. I was using a shakey head presentation and he was using a drop shot presentation. They were fighting for the bait as it hit the water and when you would reel in ght fish there would be 3 or 4 more follow it to the boat trying to steal the bait from the hooked fish. This was between the storms on Sunday. Yes 50 fish!

7. My son and I spent half a day out there and just tore 'em up. Probably 25-30 bass easy. My 7 year old also boated a 14" Fish Ohio crappie, along with some others. Nimisila is GREAT! Humps, flats, points, and cover. Everything you can ask for in a resivoir.

8. Nimi is quite a bass factory...I've had 50 fish days out there too. Once you find the fish and key in the pattern, it's on!