close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila 5/26/07

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, May 26, 2007.

1. What a great day! The fish were definitely hitting well today! Cfish102 and I made our first trip out there this year and it was all good in the bass 'hood!

We caught 18 LM bass, missed 4 or 5 more. Several of the fish were over 3 pounds and two were pretty close to 5... We caught them on weed edges, we caught then shallow, we caught them in lily pads... We got them on senkos, small cranks, and cfish got a BIG bonus fish on a SPINNERBAIT of all things!!! Here it is!!!

[​IMG]

Biggest walleye I've seen caught out of Nimisila. It was 26 inches easily, and probably was in the neighborhood of 7 pounds or more. Beautiful fish. Oh yeah, we caught gills and crappies too!

Great day, great mixed bag fishing, and they all went back into the lake to be caught again. That Nimisila is a jewel of a lake, for sure.

2. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Good job BD and cfish!
    Sounds like you got some nice fish!

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Sounds like a sweet day! I wish they were biting like that at LaDue today. We tried just about all the same techniques, just no fish. Nice Eye too!

4. Awsome Job! I was there last week and didn't get a single bite! Just got 2 dead batteries! Haha! I think you are just a fish magnet!:)

5. Parma, red shad was HOT today.... So was black...

6. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

No red shad today, all of our "short" fish came on a natural color. I gotta get down to Nimi for an evening!!

7. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Sounds like a great day. I know I would be smiling if I was holding that fish! LOL! Cfish 102 I see you in alot of photos but you never smile. Next time have BD tell you a short joke right before he snaps the photo.
    Larr

8. sounds like im hittin nimi up monday.good job big daddy.

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Nice trip guys. :B

10. Carl, I live about 2 min from nimi and have always heard
    walleye being caught, but this is the first one I have
    actually seen. Nimi is one of the areas best kept
    secrets for bass and large bluegill. Nice catch. If
    you see some guy up to his chest with a fly rod,
    stop and say hi. I will be after those bass and gills.

Bill

11. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

Fished Nimi Monday and was skunked!!!! I did come out of it w/ a broken trailer light and 2 dead batteries though! Amazing...........

12. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

sounds like the whole state was on fire this weekend.
    glad you boys got into heavy!:B nice kicker walley cfish

13. Awesome walleye! Thats maybe only the 3rd one ive seen proof of being caught there. I caught 1 last year but it wasnt as big as yours. Sounds like a great trip in all!

14. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I've been visiting & fishin' Nimisilla for more years than I'll admit, and that is actually the first walleye I've seen. And if it wasn't for Carl posting it, I might not of believed it this time either. So thanks Big D for the pic....guess it's time to get out to Nimi. I even considered it this weekend, but work/family kept me home all my free time this weekend. Great job guys!

15. Never heard of Walleyes being caught at Nimi, only Saugeyes. Xcellent fish guys.

Huntinbull