close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimisila 4/24

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by redman, Apr 25, 2004.

1. went out today and caught one bass that looked like a minnow on steroids. they should rename this lake to the dead sea.
    nobody was catching anything. :mad: :mad:

2. i have not had any luck there either. I've been there 5 times in the past 3 weeks and can't buy a bite. However, i have talked to people who said that they were catching bass. Not me! :mad:

3. Carpman_1977

Carpman_1977 Big Softy the Fish Finder

I’ve been there twice in the last week and had some success out both times. Last Thursday between the rain caught 3 myself and Luvthemhawgs caught one at 16.5 inches. Satrurday morning went out with the wife and dogs and caught 1 at 14, 1 at 13, and had a decent one come off at the boat. Has some more hits but couldn’t connect. It’s still early, but fish are starting to get into the shallows.

Where were you fishing and what were you using? I was mainly fishing the gas lines using a 3 inch pumpkinseed grub in about 5-7 feet of water. Hope it helps!

4. Try using small jerk bait real slow or slow rolling a white spinnerbait on the flats in 4-5
    feet of water.If you find weeds coming up;it's a bonus.

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Nimi been awesome this year for bass. Been catching them wading since February so it definately isn't too early.
    Went Saturday about 2:30 and was watching the Girard bass club tournament. Most had limits of 16-18" bass.
    I was waiting for them and all the bass people to get off the lake so I could do the walleye thing but ended up at West Branch AGAIN. (that place has been a magnet for me this year)
    So far this year fishing has been great all over.
    Yesterday hit a few carp holes(all creeks) and did some sweet corn chumming for the future. Fished the last one and got a 4lb carp and a 3ish lb channel.
    Went to a small creek in Amish country. This is where I catch chubs on my way to the Ohio river for cat bait. Caught 6 in about 5 minutes. Made me feel good that they are back this year. Threw them all back and gave them a half a can of corn for cooperating. I use a 6 hook with 1 or 2 kernels of corn to catch them.

6. I seen a guy wading near me get two real nice bass while I was crappie fishing yeaterday looked like he was using a jerkbait.

7. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

hit nimi last night and got 12 and my bud got 3 all different sizes from 18 1/2''
    to 10'' all on tubes and last thursday we got 31 all the same size15-17'' all on the same pattern, spinnerbaits.a week ago on sunday i got a 7.7lb. female at dawn on a rattlebait. so far this year my only big fish but the #s are there.