Nimisila 09.07.08

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bassmanmark, Sep 8, 2008.

1. bassmanmark

bassmanmark Workin' is for Suckers

Division of WaterCraft was there yesterday checking everyone. Went pretty quick and the officer was nice. I found the fishing to be tough. Found one place where the fish cooperated pretty well. But over all was a tough bite for my buddy and I. Fished the lillies with a frog and had one decent fish on and that was it. Then switched to a worm off of the points and caught a couple of small ones. Settled on the wacky worm and did well in one spot in 5ft of water. There were no weeds to speak of in the spots I had previously done real well in with the weeds present. All fish were up north...we had no luck at all down south. Had to fish that worm real slow...all bites came on red shad wacky worm. I hate fishing slow like that. You can tell that Nimisila gets a lot of fishing pressure. Nice looking lake but that summer bite is tough. Fished great in early spring and had weeds then...what happened to the weeds?

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Were they checking people on the water or the shorefishermen?

They been checking this lake heavily the last 2-3 years finally checking licenses and for other "unproductive" activity. Kudos to them.
    In August (and we are still somewhat in that timeframe) the best bass times are early morning, dusk and when a nice front is blowing in with strong west winds. The vast shallow weedbed along the campground shore is fantastic before the front hits.

3. bassmanmark

bassmanmark Workin' is for Suckers

I was in a boat and they were checking all boaters for life jackets and throw floats along with distress flags and a whistle.* The usual stuff but no license check.* Thanks for the info will check it one day.* Usually try the humps off of Main St. during a windy day but had no luck. And found no grass there like I did in the spring. I have no clue what those star things are in front of my sentences...I didn't put them there.

4. well... well... bassmanmark is still around. :p all fish north and nothing south? according to your "buddy" all the fish were south and nothing north....:rolleyes: :p see ya sunday ;)

5. dmills4124

dmills4124 don m

is there a tourni on nimi this sunday?

6. yes my club and possibly nimisila bassers or nimisila bass club? if they dont go to deer creek they will be there also :(

7. Hey DonM, I think Nimisila Bass Club has had a tourney there at least twice a month this year. And I heard that a group of pissed off bassmen (and eaters) are using tourney tactics to take home limits EVERY TIME THEY GO! Can't catch the ones released in hot grease! If they aren't getting ate they got swiss cheese lips. LOL I've got nothing against someone paying for thier license and getting some fish to eat, but obvious overharvest is glutany. If those guys would stop and think that the only way they caught 'em like that is cause we practice C & R.

8. If the weather holds we should do well on Sunday. I have been fishing on Wed eve with a group of guys off the west ramp and have seen some nice fish. The north end weeds have been productive.

9. Fished there this evening. Tough bite, 2 strikes one fish about 15 inches from the north end. Twitching a swim senko in 3 ft. I marked loads of fish near the dam, how do I catch those guys, drift or troll? I was trolling a bit but dont think i was deep enough. Also do I need all that crap; whistle, flags, floats and life jacket in a kayak?

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Lifejacket and registration in a kayak.

11. Thanks Lewzer, I was 0/2 there. Didnt realize I even had to register the Kayak. Just bought it a few months ago, but I love fishing out of it. I'll get that straight and hit Nimi again, it seemed like a nice lake.

Bassthumb

12. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

It's a real nice lake for kayaking. PM me and I'll tell you a few places to go that you cannot get to in a boat or wading. Good bass fishing.

Take your bill of sale to the watercraft office on Arlington Rd just south of Killian Rd to get your registration sticker. I just saw last Saturday the Norton Marine on Manchester/State Rds also do boat registrations. Get your black/white block letters/numbers anywhere else.

13. I also carry a flag, whistle, and car horn (can) in my canoe. Wouldn't want to depend on just yelling to get someone's attention if I fall in.

"PM me and I'll tell you a few places to go that you cannot get to in a boat or wading"

East of Christman rd???

14. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I said a few places:p :p ;)