close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

nimi

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by seanb19, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Do you guys think it's too early to fish nimi for walleyes? If not, where are some areas I could troll to find them/ Thanks guys!!

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I've always had the best luck for walleyes in Nimi in July and August at dusk.

3. I heard they were stocking Walleyes in Nimi now but I didn't know the quality of fishing that resulted from that stocking, i.e. excellent, good, poor, etc. I, personally, have caught a good bit of bass from Nimi and a few crappie but never caught a walleye but, then again, I wasn't trying. Lewzer, how would you rate the walleye fishing there?

For walleye I have been going to New London Reservoir but its a 60 mile trip and with gas the way it is I only went 2 times this year. The walleye fishing there is excellent, in my opinion, in the spring and early summer but after that I have a hard time catching any at all. I would sure like to find a place closer to Barberton. Maybe Nimi's it! Oh, Lewzer, I know we have been saying it for about a year and a half now but we really do need to go fishing together and hook up since we both live in Barberton.

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I would rate it fair. Well depends. Once you find the pattern you can catch a lot of them. Or if you happen to get lucky and come across a feeding school, you can catch a nice limit.
    But I haven't had the time to put in on the lake like I used to. Used to be able to follow the schools around fishing it 5 nights or so a week. Used to be a very good walleye lake. I don't know whether the numbers are down or I just haven't paid my dues and put the time in.

5. thelatrobe33

thelatrobe33 Ohio Bassman

You'll have the best luck by the spillway or in the deep water in front of the dam...