close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimi 8-9

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by johnboy111711, Aug 10, 2004.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

went to nimi for the first time just for bass. the lake is absolutley amazing looking, and the fishing was pretty decent too! we fished from 3-7 and caught 7 bass and lost 4 others. I couldn't really set up a patern because they were hitting everything. rattlinraps, small spinnerbaits, senkos, tubes, and shad raps all worked. we fished all over the south end, mainly just looking. We probably would have done much better if we had fished slower. Biggest went 17in with only 1 under 12.

2. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Hey John what horsepower is nimi. And does it have good cover.

3. It is electric only but you can have a motor on your boat but outa water

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

As exexec said electric only, but if you get stuck in a lightning storm with exexec on the lake, watch how fast he drops that gas motor down and gets the heck outta dodge... haha..

flash----------------------------out

5. I been der and did dat

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Cor...It has pretty decent cover, rock points, many submerged weeds, a few trees in the water, reeds, drops, just about everything except willows, and i know how much you like to fish those. :D

7. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Yeah I love those willows might have to make a trip up there Any docks?

8. Good to hear your finally getting to Nimi. Great Lake!!!! Seems like you have Mogadore mastered. Lake seems to hear up again in August. Haven't been out for a month. I like deep water cranks on the edges for bass and walleye there after the spawn till fall.

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Butchie...Even i get the itch to try new places! :D
    Cor..No docks, I guess I missed that cover.

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

No docks on Nimi and very few houses on the shoreline.
    The mayor of Green, Dan Croghan (sp?), has been trying to get the state to turn over the reservoir to the city so he can build a walking path around the reservoir. That would require dumping large amounts of fill into the reservoir along the causeway on the southern end near Eddie's baitshop.

11. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

heading out to nimi in a few minutes. i'll post the results.