close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimi 10-4-04

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by smallieguy, Oct 4, 2004.

1. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

nice having the lake to myself tonight and it paid off pretty good.
    14 bass between 11 and 18 1/2'' all on spinnerbaits. 10 of them
    came after dark. lost one Big pike. real big pike. thank God.
    i hate pike.

2. bgpark1

bgpark1 Catching and Releasing

was out there sunday night for 2 hours... killed the crappie and bluegill... only 1 bass.... my bro had same story... between the 2 of us landed 60-70 fish... mine were all on white roster tails 1/8 ounce.... only color that worked... tried them all and many lures and zara... white... amaizing.... will be out wednesday night again... from 5-7:30 or so... good luck

3. That white rooster tail works great in that lake. I use it in the spring and fall. Caught every species except pike and carp. Caught one nice walleye last year that went 23". Gave it to an old timer that was shore fishing. He could not believe it.

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Don't you have a blue pickup and a white boat with red trim. I saw you pass my place in Barberton yesterday and was thinking you might be heading out there. I haven't taken the boat out there since spring. I might hit it Friday morning if I don't have to work any overtime this week.

5. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

yeah ncraft150 thats me.
    thursday @3
    and friday around 2:30pm for me.
    lets hope the wind is up a bit.
    BTW the water temp is down to 63-64 and as far as i can tell the lake
    is not turning over as of yet.
    sunday with no wind i could see bottom in 3 1/2' with good sunglasses
    so with no wind or cloud cover you'd better get your finesse baits out.
    last nite i had a nw wind around 10-12mph @ 6 and 6-8 @ 7pm.

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I like finessing them. Most guys don't so I like to take advantage of that. I hate turnover, but right before it they usually turn on pretty good. I work 4 ten hour days now so I have fri-sun off. I'll be out there early Friday unless Erie cooperates. I need to practice for a tourny up there this month.