close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimi 10/20/04 1 Walleye... but a ? for the class

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bgpark1, Oct 21, 2004.

1. bgpark1

bgpark1 Catching and Releasing

Hit Nimi for a little while last night... water was calm where we were fishing off the oilwell points..... some hunters out there... only a few shots.... noticed the geese and duck hanging just out of range of the hunters.... always sucks. Only caught 1 fish about 20 mins after getting there... thought it was a nice bass... but ended up being a 19' walleye.... caught it on a 1/8 ounce rooster tail the color white.... the most versital lure ever... lol. well then i switched and tried many other lures.... nothing... nada.... zip.

One question to all you knowledgeable guys and gals.... i noticed 1 hunter in the middle of the lake in a boat with a nice spread of decoys... so i know they lottery blinds... but got me thinking can you duck hunt on your own outside of blinds.... if so... i will be packing the shotgun next time i am in my kayak with the fishing pole... have done that at berlin and mogadore.... any information would be great!!!!

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I don't think it's allowed. i thought there were rules from fishing while duck hunting....I didn't know you could do it at mogadore either. I thought you could do it at WB. doesn't mogadore and these other lakes have set times just for hunters?

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I know at Mogadore you can only duck hunt if drawn in the lottery. I believe at West Branch and Nimisila you can set up a temporary blind and hunt from it. I would contact the local DNR and make sure before doing so. All evidence of the blind must be removed at the end of the hunt. Hunting from a float blind is very popular, and affective.

When hunting from a boat, the rules state that the boat cannot be under motorized power when you are shooting at the waterfowl. ie; you cannot chase down the ducks/geese with the motor while shooting at them.

4. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i would like to know about that too i remember when i was young my dad would take me out to long lake and we would pull up on the shore and hunt from the boat but i am sure you cant do that anymore i know we do it on the break walls on erie and i have heard that people float mosquito creek "jump shooting" them in yacks and canoes but if you find out about local lakes let me know.................jim :D