close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nimi 10/12/04... what a nice Bass

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bgpark1, Oct 12, 2004.

1. bgpark1

bgpark1 Catching and Releasing

Fished Nimi from the kayak... 1 stinking bluegill in 1 1/2 hrs of fishing.... switched to the pink jighead and yellow mr twister tail.... and waaalaaa... hooked up.... played it thought it was a big walleye.... ended up being a 19 1/2 in largemouth bass that weighed just over 4 lbs.... so called the wife and told her to bring the camera asap.... had to put in on the metal stringer... needless to say by the time she arrived he was bleeding real bad from pulling and jumping while hooked up.... so my bro took him home to eat.... yuck... wish i could have save this beauty.... sorry guys. :(

Attached Files:

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

nice bass! Sucks it died, but at least it was not wasted!

3. Nice fish Bgpark1,

That is a dandy bass. Obviously, it is legal to keep the fish so don't beat yourself up too much over keeping him. I know what you are saying though that it would have been nice to see him go back.

I just thought I would ask how you had him hooked to hte stringer. I can't really tell from the picture where the stringer is put through the fish. The reason I mention it is because many people put fish on the stringer through the gill opening. This method will quickly damage the gill and most certainly kill the fish. I always attach the stringer by piercing the stringer or clip style through the fish's mouth behind the lower jaw in the area where the skin is thin. This does not disturb the gills. However if they thrash a lot they can still hurt themselves. But it definitely is a less damaging way of stringing the fish.

4. There are so many bass that size in Nimisila, it would boggle your mind. Keeping one to munch on isn't an issue. Really it's not.

Nice fish.