close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nightfishing CC

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Nightprowler, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Tried crappie nightfishing at caesars creek for the 1st time. Caught 9 keepers. No traffic, No jet skies. Best bite was around 2:30.

2. Interesting. Methods, patterns?

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

I set up in 15 fow on a point with standing timber. Used 2 floating lights. Started with hook and weight fished 8 and 12 feet deep, but was hard to see. Switched to bobbers. Tons of 1" shad showed up....and I mean TONS. No wonder fishing is tough with all the baitfish. Bugs wasn't to bad as long as the lights were keep off in the boat. Not another fisherman in sight. If you'd like to try it, let me know.

4. Sounds cool. Headed to Canada in a week and knee surgury thereafter, so don't know that I'll make it out again until September. Bummer. Thanks for letting me know, and I may contact you this fall, if that's ok.

5. A friend of mine knows a few guys who fish the pump house by the 73 bridge at night using lights. They say they've caught lots of slabs that way. Haven't had a chance to try it yet though.