Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rather new to night fishing.What I have found is the boat is a different world at night.Anything that is not in its place gets stepped on bumped ,snagged, or caught in the net.One of the problems I have is the fixed anchor light in the back of the boat.Seems like it is always shining in my eyes ruining what little night vision I have.I am looking for suggestions on lighting the boat for nite fishing.I use a headlamp to net fish and rig lines but I have seen other boats illuminate the back of their boats when they catch fish.Are these flood lamps a good idea?
What works for you? And is it necessary for the anchor light to be in back of boat?

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
i use a cheap clamp on work light $5.00 @ walmart while your at walmart buy a 12 volt light bulb from the rv section (75watt) and install a cigarette lighter plug instead of the 110 volt plug or attach the end to your battery.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good idea.Do you leave it lit or only light for fishon.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I use an enclosed "tractor" light from advance auto $12. mounted on about 4' 1 1/4" pvc that I can stick in a spare rod holder. It is a flood and has some concentration too. I also stick a piece of electrical tape on the stern light on the side that shines in my eyes. I wear a head lamp and have a mini-mag light in my back pocket. Oh, I only use the flood for landing and getting the dam plug out of the net:mad:

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

This is mysetup as far as board lights.

Donkey, you don't want to tape the whole light off just a 2" strip of tape to block what shines into your eyes and into the boat. You still need other boats to be able to see it.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is the bobber attached to the board

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lundeye those prices were for a pack of 3.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The bottom part where the line attaches comes off and then just run a small flat head screw thru the base
Reo,I now have the bobber.Could you describe the disassembly of the base of the bobber and how you ran the screw thru the yellow base..Do I lose the plunger and spring?Which part do I run the screw thru.:confused:

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,461 Posts
Hey Donkey throw a white mcdonalds cup over your back light, it will give it a nice suttle glow but you can still see it from far away and you'll still be legal, or get a 4 or 6 foot light.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Reo,I now have the bobber.Could you describe the disassembly of the base of the bobber and how you ran the screw thru the yellow base..Do I lose the plunger and spring?Which part do I run the screw thru.:confused:

PM sent too

It has been a while so I do not remember how excactly but yes, lose the plunger and spring. This will leave you with a flat base to go against the board. You can then use a small wood or sheet metel type flathead screw through the base into the board, about a #6 by 1" screw if I remember. If still unclear let me know and we can meet somewhere and I can show you what I mean. BTW, the batteries last about 5 nights. I found some on the net for $.69 each and free shipping. Here is link:

http://www.batterybob.com/category.a...lQWAodcH E_Bg

reo

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will put the tape in a white cup and try both tonight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts