Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone night fish for trout in Ohio? I know it's pretty common in Michigan but I've never really noticed anyone at night on the Clear Fork. I was thinking about hitting the upper Clear Fork sometime at night when the temps start dropping in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I've night fished for trout in PA before, but every time I was fishing a hatch and the bugs didn't stop until well after sunset.

Never done any other night fishing for trout but it's been on the list. Streamers, mouse flies, and big browns at night is something I want to experience. I'd say go for it, I've seen pics of some nice sized browns from the Clear Fork and night time would probably be the right time to target the big ones!

·
Nothing but Fly Gear
591 Posts
I try'd night fishing the mad some yrs back......I was fishing very large streamers unweighted so they rode more toward the surface....full moon night.....I got 2 fish in about 3hrs...one was like 20'' and the other was 21ish......would have fished longer but the damn bugs where eating me alive......I did cheat however...I knew these fish where in the area ....I had missed one a day or so before hand so I went back at night and had some fun......havent try'd it since....Now I just wait for those drizziling rain days seems to work just as well.....Fallen513 has it right.....if you want to get bigger fish ...you need to ring the dinner bell.....people often think I'm nuts when I show them the streamers I use for Trout and smallies.....I dont think anything of throwing a 6'' clouser or diecever.....

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Fish key on bait using their lateral line the vast majority of the time.

Big fish eat big flies, rain or shine, day or night, hot or cold.

Adjust accordingly.
X2! Second that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts