close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Night Fishing At Alm

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catfish1998, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Never have fished Alum creek. I do a lot of night fishing on the scioto,deer creek, Miami river.I fish by myself. I never have caught a big carp. I hear that alum has some big carp. So if you have some info it would be appreciated
    Thank you

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Crappielooker could probably turn you onto some carp out there. I bet he knows them by name he's there so much ;)

3. best place for carp at night is the marina area...we would use van do bait about 1-2 feet down from a small bobber and catch carp up to 30+ inches in the lighted area between the shore and the docks

4. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

:D i've caught carp(whether i wanted to or not) in every water way i've ever fished in the state of ohio! hoover, alum, buckeye, scioto, the old and dingy, antrim, walnut creek or any ohio water way. each water way wants a different bait. hoover carp want wheaties mostly, buckeye carp want ryecrisp crackers and other baits, some places want anis flavored baits. be versitile!! try different baits where ever you are! carp, (the big ones are choosy) bite alot of different baits. practice different baits at different water ways!!! some like SWEETCORN. they are the biggest and best fish to catch. some of them are REAL fighters! :eek: one thing i've learned about carp, they have a sweet tooth. (even though they are toothless!) :cool:

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Just watch out. Crappielooker can become rabid at times ;)

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Last weekend my dad and I did some night fishing for alum eyes...we headed back towards the ramp around 11:30pm (marina, where we launched) and as we approached I see 3 small white lights bouncing around the dock area. We figured they were lanterns, then all of a sudden they would start moving, bouncing all around. As we approach the dock, i hear a familiar voice from the dock say "you gonna get that dude"...Sure enough...Crappielooker with a headlamp :D Looked like a giant cornchukin firefly.

7. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

there ain't nothing ugly about catching a fish THAT big!!!! :eek:

8. I won't argue with that. Did you look at the pics of the 40's and 50's? Big or not, they are some funky looking fish!