close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nice Smallmouth

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishJunky, Jun 14, 2004.

1. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

[​IMG]
    Caught this smallmouth in a farm pond in Sunbury. It was a great fight. It was a 3#er.

2. Nice fish! Smallie from a farm pond, that kind of strange. Mostly you just see largemouth in ponds. Is the pond stocked with smallies?

3. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

It was a surprise to me. :eek:

4. hay fishjunky nice smallie.i did't think smallies would live in small ponds,unless
    it is deep and has good water flow.i must be wrong.catch more and have fun. baby bass :) :) :)

5. Me and my friend put 3 smallmouth about 5 inches in his half acre pond last year. We really didnt think they would live just hoping. But the other day I caught one of them from it on a senko. It was about 8 inches grew quit a bit.

6. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

that's great. smallies are my favorite fish next to spring crappies! :D

7. I dont think that smallies would reproduce in a pond unless it was deep with some rocky shoreline or humps for them to spawn on but they will live in a pond if you put them in there. I think the biggest reason for largemouth is that they will reproduce and you will always have new fish coming into to system. I dont know the temp range but for smallies but I would think even a pond that is 8 feet deep or so would be ok for them. What a great surpise that would be, nice job once again!

8. hay stumpy great artical thanks for sharing with us. :) :) :)
    baby bass