Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AEP Tuber Association
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Caught this smallmouth in a farm pond in Sunbury. It was a great fight. It was a 3#er.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Nice fish! Smallie from a farm pond, that kind of strange. Mostly you just see largemouth in ponds. Is the pond stocked with smallies?

·
Registered
402 Posts
hay fishjunky nice smallie.i did't think smallies would live in small ponds,unless
it is deep and has good water flow.i must be wrong.catch more and have fun. baby bass :) :) :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Me and my friend put 3 smallmouth about 5 inches in his half acre pond last year. We really didnt think they would live just hoping. But the other day I caught one of them from it on a senko. It was about 8 inches grew quit a bit.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I dont think that smallies would reproduce in a pond unless it was deep with some rocky shoreline or humps for them to spawn on but they will live in a pond if you put them in there. I think the biggest reason for largemouth is that they will reproduce and you will always have new fish coming into to system. I dont know the temp range but for smallies but I would think even a pond that is 8 feet deep or so would be ok for them. What a great surpise that would be, nice job once again!

·
Registered
125 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts