close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nice night at a roller dam

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mushijobah, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Spent the remaining 1.5 hours of the night fishing a central ohio roller dam. Managed one 17" eye. Another buddy got a 13", and a 21". As soon as my phone decides to send the pictures to my facebook, I will post them on here. All fish hit pearl twisters coupled with 1/16 Oz. jighead.

2. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Here we are!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tight lines; they're in!

3. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Went again, tons of white bas, a few smallies and crappie. The streams are officially ON FIRE.

4. Sounds like steady action! where were you and what were you using?

5. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Olentangy using 1/16 Oz. jighead with a 3" pearl venom twister.

6. Were you fishing anywhere near the osu campus? I was out tonight and only managed two rockbass. One was a decent one at about 7-8 inches. I was trying to catch some eyes though.

7. Ive been meaning to head up to the Tangey where 315 is two lanes. Have you heard of anything up there?

8. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I've been in the OSU area, like spitfire. It should be good up there though, and even better the closer you get to deleware!

9. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

[​IMG] First smallie of the year! This probably also gives up my spot...oh well!

10. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Nice fish Mushi. Way to go!

CG

11. TiDuhble

TiDuhble A student of the game!

what is a roller dam

12. They are usually smaller than your normal dams that allow water to constantly spill over them. They are placed in moving water, rivers, fast paced creeks, etc. To stop erosion and hold back sediment. They can be stationary or metal cylinders that can be moved

13. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Those are good examples, Sleaz-e. Might I add that some are in place because sewer lines are beneath them. This particular one on the olentangy is obsolete. It was originally built to supply the OSU powerplant with cooling/operations water. They no longer use river water, so discussion and action has taken place in the movement towards the removal of the dam in question.