close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nice Muskie for Breakfast!

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by ShutUpNFish, May 13, 2008.

1. ShutUpNFish

ShutUpNFish FishBum

I went out to a local lake this morning before the wife had to go to work, and look what was up for some breakfast! I made some modifications to my boat, so I really wanted to try them out. I figured, while I was there, I might as well troll some baits. Well I got this 45" barred muskie on a DD Wiley in the prop wash. Pikie/Gold colored bait. I had two other rips.....You don't know how BAD I wanted to stay out there, but had to leave so the wife could get to work on time and I had to take care of my boys!!! I'm half tempted to take out my 5 and 3 year old boys. ARRGgghhhhh! I might get back out there tonight, but the Pens are playing.....Hmmmmmmmm! I guess I'll just have to live with this one in just a short trip and shouldn't complain.

[​IMG]

2. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Nice Fish !!! What a Great way to start the day.

3. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Shut that is a friggin sweet ski man! Color me jealous. That is some kind of breakfast treat for sure!!!!!! Congratulations on a great muskie.

CG

4. Nice fish man!! My only muskie this year is a 24" cigar from St. Clair....

5. So did one of the modifications made to the boat include mounting a camera up front.:D

That is a great looking fish! I think I would have been loading the crayons and coloring books in the boat and using it as a playroom for the day.:D

6. Beautiful Fish! I like the bars and spots!

7. Zoom ----Hit and hold Ctrl and hit + about six times.

The spots go up into the dorsal fin, very cool. Yep, a beauty of a fish.

8. obrien040362

obrien040362 figure 8

I hope you released the fish!

9. ShutUpNFish

ShutUpNFish FishBum

The fish was released with nothing more than a sore jaw I'm sure. Thanks for the compliments guys, but all the credit goes to that beautiful fish and the great practices of today's muskie fishermen and women! 20 years ago, those babies were damn hard to come by in these parts.