close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nice Flat - not enough though

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Jackfish, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Well, I was supposed to go hit the musginham lakes with my brother last night chasing falts, however my wife overroad my hall pass at the last minute “you where just out of town a couple weeks ago & you’re going to go out of town again?” :( . Oh well, I bail on my brother & go hit the GMR instead…I get skunked. Dave calls me this morning & says “Well, I caught my 1st flat.” Ends up the darn fish (his 1st flat) is roughly twice the size of the best flat I have ever caught :confused: (he said he’ll post when he gets the photo so I’ll leave the details to him). This evening I’m having family time & we are just about to put in a movie when I say to my wife “I HAVE TO GO FISHING…I feel like I just got bitch slapped & need to at least try to answer.” She laughs & I now have a hall pass. Hit the water at dusk…very slow, no hits about 90 minutes in – I remembered reading a post where someone said they put 2 bluegills on the same hook so the fish fight each other movements & makes them more active. No action so why not? 5 minutes in my rod doubles over…great fight…ended up going 37 inches & 23lbs. What was so strange is this is the same seam I had a single bluegill in for the last 90 minutes with no action – hmmm? Not what I needed to reclaim the title from my brother but still my 2nd best flat :D !

I seem to be having a love/hate relationship with my circle hooks, this time they paid off though.

Attached Files:

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Very nice! Never heard of the 2 gill trick, intersting :)

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Great fish. I think anyone should be PROUD & HAPPY to get a 20+ from the GMR, espically the GMR in our area (Dayton). Alot of guys dont realize how diff the catfishing is here than it is down south. Again good job.

So when are you Mark & I going to be hitting the new "Spot" together? Plus we still have to try the spot I was telling you about from the boats.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

The way my season has gone I would consider that fish a trophy...Nice fish!

5. Mellon - I might be up for an outing on Wednesday…I’ll check w/ Mark…shoot me a PM if interested

6. Jackfish, nice buddy, way to go.... I suppose that was from your standard spot? I did get your vm but couldnt get out. Thanks for the invite though!
    Im outta town this week but could do something this weekend? Mellon? can you guys make it?

Mellon and Jackfish, I got more info on my new spot, check your PM's

Salmonid