close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nice day on eastfork

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Stampede, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Had a nice sunday on eastfork Caught 10 cats,the smallest was 2#.A couple a little over 2#.Some in the 3# and one a little over 4#.Nothing to brag about but fun.The wife didn't do well.She was useing crawlers.I was useing chicken livers and chubs but caught all on livers.Didn't get any bites on chubs.Saw a snake swallow a toad.Trowling along heard this eek noise,went to see what it was.This snake had this toad by the leg.watched till he had it swallowed.First time i saw that up close.I had a chub on,pulled it in to check it,when i cast it back out i through it off.Well a little while later my wife notices this (minnow ) chub swimming around.You could see where it had been hooked,and wasn't swimming well.But it was smart enough to hide under leaves!It would swim to a leaf and stay under it,when the wind would blow the leaf,it would follow it or find another leaf.Pretty neat to watch.Didn't know chubs were that smart.Blending with the leaf from preadators below and above.Neat day. :)Also got to watch the bi-plane again. :D

2. What was the water temperature? Congrats on a fun day! :)

3. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

I believe the temp was 72.