Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am thinking about going up to the bass islands area sometime this summer and i am wanting to know where a nice cheap close to the good fishing areas place to stay is? Any place with on the water docking would be nice to. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
to my knowledge, there is no cheap, "nice" place to stay anywhere around the islands or even mainland during the roller coaster season (cedar point)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Ran across a guy with a condo for rent around the DavisBessie plant with dockage right outside. Not cheap...but fair.

You got a PM with his email.

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
with dockage.... nothing will be cheap that close to the water. stay in clyde or a town 1/2 hour south and you will find cheap motels.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Define "cheap" please. To me cheap, on the water is a tent at Kellys Island State park (but then again, it will cost you $100 on the ferry to get there:( )

Jim

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Walleye Willys is fairly cheap. They have a bunk house with 6 bunk beds in it that you can rent or they have another place. they are on Anchor Point/Meinkes marina. They have a couple of boat docks for you to use. I am staying there July 20th and 21st. It is $25/man per night.(and I only live 15 minutes from the lake) I didn't think that was too bad at all for being on the water. We have a group of guys going just to drink beer, play cards, and maybe fish!

·
Registered
116 Posts
A couple places on East harbor that might help is Skippers Marina or Mar-lou Marina. The prices are pretty fair and they a pool if you are bring kids. Not the fanciest but it works for fishing.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
There's a couple of places in Bay view that are reasonable. It's east of the bay and would only be a 5-10 minute trip to Catabwa or Marblehead. Not fancy but they are clean...!;)

·
Bambi slayer
93 Posts
Define "cheap" please. To me cheap, on the water is a tent at Kellys Island State park (but then again, it will cost you $100 on the ferry to get there:( )

Jim
what would would it cost me to take a ferry over too put in bay,with a SUV and a bass boat and 2 people???and do they charge you for each trip over,,and again coming back,

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
It cost me just over $100 for me and a buddy to ferry my 19ft. boat over and back for your referenece. It's well worth it to me as I have a free place to stay and keep my boat on the island with a freind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts