Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
lovin erie
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm planning on going to niagara falls Canada this june.....I was wondering if someone could point me to a nice hotel....close to the falls and tourist area's.....taking my wife and daughter.....my wife has trouble walking so closer is better....also, does any hotel have a breakfast availiable?....thank's for any help.....

·
Registered
478 Posts
The Sheraton on the Canadian side is nice. WE had one of the upper level rooms with a balcony and view of the falls. Was there two years ago and been wanting to go back ever since. Great time.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
hello, i'm planning on going to niagara falls Canada this june.....I was wondering if someone could point me to a nice hotel....close to the falls and tourist area's.....taking my wife and daughter.....my wife has trouble walking so closer is better....also, does any hotel have a breakfast availiable?....thank's for any help.....
Check Groupon for deals....
My wife and I stayed at the DoubleTree Fallsview Ontario a couple years ago . Excellent food. nice rooms. My favorite place that I have stayed at the Falls. The Canadian side has much better views than the American side. You probably will want to drive and park in a parking lot closer to the falls as this is a bit of a walk to the falls (big hill). None of the Hotels are really close to the Falls for people with walking problems. Lundy Lane has cheaper rooms with a variety of different hotel chains. Rooms are usually cheaper during the week and higher on Friday and Saturday nights. I love the Falls, never tire of seeing its majesty and power. I have been there maybe 20 times. Maybe more...
http://www.hotelsone.com/niagara-falls-hotels-ca/doubletree-fallsview-resort-spa-by-hilton-niagara-falls.html?as=b&aid=1553008553&dsti=220551&dstt=8&label=bing-bh220551&akw=13217867531&akwu=doubletree niagara falls ontario&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=doubletree niagara falls ontario&utm_content=ca_bh220551&utm_campaign=ca-Canada-Hotels-oe-en-us&msclkid=96dda0145e731a0833cdfa6b38aa6851

·
Registered
568 Posts
We stayed at the Marriott fallsview it had a slider that opened up to see the falls it was nice to go to sleep to. The Jacuzzi tub also had a slider that opened up to see the falls from. It was a decent walk to the falls and attractions but not crazy.. It was pricey but on par for everything else in the area.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Just for the record.... fishing down below is spectacular, or at least it was when I was there. I wouldn't eat'em but there is much to be caught there.
http://www.captjohnoravec.com/ This guy took us on a very memorable trip there. I would go with him again in a sec.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
a few miles away but out of town on the shore of lake ontario. nothing fancy but clean and cheap. lakeview motel youngstown NY

·
Whaler
3,189 Posts
If you go there be sure to take a day and drive downstream to Niagara on the Lake. It is really pretty there and you can check out all the shops and see the river dump into Lake Ontario at the park. We go there nearly every year and also take in a couple plays while we are there. There are a lot of wineries there too if you are interested in wine. It's really a nice place to visit.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Make sure you aren't going on a Canadian holiday. Understand that A LOT of people want to see the Falls, and that A LOT of people are going to be there at that time of year given school is out. IMO the dinner buffet in the tower is 100% completely NOT worth the time, money, or the effort. Honestly speaking the best meal I had all weekend was outside of Buffalo out in the boondocks at some place my wife found online on our way over on Friday.

Call me a fuddy dud...but what I saw of the Falls in about 20 minutes was enough for me. The rest of the time was just expensive air breathing. You stand in line for everything, just like Disney. I've been to Disney many times, and I'll go back. I'll never go back to Niagara Falls. Sure..take the Maid of the Mist boat ride, that is fun. The other stuff? Journey Behind the Falls, etc. etc....a huge money grab.

Lots and lots of walking involved....and that hill is no joke. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the CA side and it had breakfast. It was...ok. $195/night ok? No.

If you take the Rainbow Bridge across on a Friday night, be prepared to sit there for a couple hours. Coming back on Sunday morning into the USA was a breeze.

You'll have a grand wrapped up in that trip in no time. We weren't there for more than about 36 hours and we spent more than that for 5 people. Every meal we ate was $100 minimum.

You learn all you need to learn when you see the junk souvenir shops all over the place. That is the element that is in place there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts