close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rooster, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Who are you looking to get?

Well, I’m excited about the draft this weekend. The Steelers haven’t had a pick this high in a long time! I hope that we get Rivers, but he is rising fast (might pass Big Ben) and may be gone by the 11th pick. We desperately need a CB and RT. Kenechi Udeze or Will Smith would also look good in the Black & Gold! If the QB’s are gone, I hope that they go with Shawn Andrews RT Arkansas. Andrews is a risky pick, but he has the potential to be better than even Gallery. I think that there will be quality CB available in the 2nd round (Will Poole, Keiwan Ratliff, or Derrick Strait), and none of the CB’s are worth the 11th pick (although I would not be surprised if Hall went in the top ten).

2. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

well i see rooster is a black and gold fan!!! lets go burgh!!! im likin their odds of getting will smith, they sure could use him.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I want the browns to get Gallery!

4. Being a Browns fan, I can honestly say one thing that I know will happen, because of past practices.

Butch Davis will mess up the draft leaving all Browns fans scratching their heads.

They will either trade give up WAAAAAAy too much and move up to draft Gallery, Stay where they are and draft Rivers just so Pittsburgh won't get him, or draft someone like DeAngelo Hall(CB, Va Tech) who they could use, but it's a wasted pick. I'd like to see them trade down a couple, pick up Will Smith or another STUD D-lineman like Wilfork or Lavalais, and pick up some more draft picks. They blew it all on Couch and never built a good foundation.

You never know with the Browns. They always say teh draft isn't real important to them, but I guess neither is free agency, as they blew all teh $$$ on contracts that have put them in salary cap trouble. They have nothing to show for anything since they came back in the league. Just a bunch of ticked off fans.

Maybe it'll happen this year. LOL. We'll see.

Carl

5. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Actually the Browns are in pretty good shape cap wise,and have very little dead money to former players.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the Orlando Pace deal is still alive...dont count it out yet.
    Would love to grab Gallery in the draft,but I dont know if thats possible.
    Maybe our #7, Willie Green and Northcutt to Raiders for their #2?

6. i want gallery. we get gallery and the running backs;will run better. garciawill be able to stand back,and not have to run for his life. a good line makes all the skill players better. look at denver;it doesn't matter who the running back is. when dickerson left the rams;the rams picked up 2 running backs from the browns. they were cut by the browns, and were all pros with the rams. good line!!!!!!

7. Kindlebeard

Kindlebeard OGF Birchbass Champ!!!

Heck, I think any of the top 10 guys in the draft would look good in a Browns uniform, except the qb's. Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Kellen Winslow, Sean Taylor out of Miami, or Gallery wouldn't be a wasted draft choice.

The Green/Northcutt to the Raiders deal sounds great to me, from watching Suggs at VT for 4 years I always thought he should have been a 1st rounder anyway.

How's this for best case: Raiders take Gallery @ #2, but with the high prices of there 4 gaurds (1.75-2.25mil) and Kennedy(2.5+mil) already at LT, they trade wither Kennedy or Gallery for Green/Northcutt. We draft Winslow, Fitzgerald, or Williams.

8. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Kindlebeard...That would be great!..but the Browns are never that lucky!

9. catking

catking Banned

Through deals and trades, the Bengals have 10 picks in the first 4 rounds ;) BENGALS will be THE team in 2004. CATKING

10. Couldn't agree with you more :D

11. catking

catking Banned

Now the Bengals have unvailed new " Stripes " this season. The last time they did this, they went to the superbowl. I'll never forget the bashing the team took when they ran onto the field for the first time in their new stripes. People said " highschoolish " and " looking like fools " Yea, they were fresh off a 4-12 season, and went to the superbowl. This team has that same apperance ;) While teams like Pittsburgh, Oakland,Miami, Buffalo-and others, continue to waddle in their own mud, the Bengals have quietly built a darn good team. We will all see very soon.... CATKING