close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NFL draft, day two

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Rooster, Apr 24, 2005.

1. There is still a lot of talent available.

Some kids that I hope the Steelers look at:

Fred Gibson WR
    JR Russel WR
    Craphonso Thorpe WR
    Chase Layman WR
    Brandon Browner CB
    James Butler FS
    Jason Brown C
    Scott Mruczkowski C
    Michael Munoz OT

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

What about Clarett? Wouldnt he look good in the yellow & black? :p

3. Clarett went to Denver in the Third. Denver will make him into a superstar.

4. Steelers get Fred Gibson in the 4th.....nice pick Cowher!

A poor man's Plax.

Now, Brandon Browner (CB) or James Butler (FS) in the fifth would be awesome!

5. Got to have someone to replace him. I would of tried to get one higher up after I got miller.

6. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I feel that all the division teams had good if not great drafts. everyone seemed to get who they wanted or the position that they needed. should make for an interesting football year.

7. Im telling ya its going to be a absoulute dogfight between Cincy, Balt, and Pitt. One of them is going to finish first of course and the other is defenitly going to get a wildcard. Can there be more than one wildcard in a divison or is it just the best record out of the second place teams? Or is it the best two records that didnt win a division?

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I dont think their will be a wildcard. The talent on paper is too close & the teams are too even, so they will be splitting the games played between them, which means a couple losses, so each teams record I am predicitng wont be tooo good, at least not good enough for a wildcard spot.

9. It is simply the two best records of non-divisional winners so theoretically you could have two from the same division. However, like H2O said it would be extremely difficult because teams have to beat up on each other to get that record and thus it probably not leave three teams in a division (including the divisional winner) with records that high.

10. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

As in the past these teams are loaded with top quality players. I predict 2 will choke and 1 will dominate. Flip a coin it could be any of the three. Even when Cincy was loaded with 1st round picks they couldn't win. It goes to show that it's not who you bring to the game, it's how well you prepare them before each game. One injury could send any 1 team tumbling. If Ben gets hurt in the opener then what. Look at the ravens without Ray Lewis, they were average. I think NE and SanDiego are the teams to beat in the AFC.

11. mrjbigfoot

mrjbigfoot Mike

I imagine a lot of the teams are in the process of signing other talented college kids as free agents & have been since the draft ended yesterday. My Boss' son got called shortly after the draft was over by both the Steelers and the Colts & he signed as a free agent with the Colts. (Jason Russell - University of Central Arkansas/UCA). Both the Colts & Giants had called him wanting to know where he was going to be during the draft & we all watched as their picks dwindled away. I was glad to hear he got signed when I came in this morning.

12. I still feel that the AFC North will have to playoff teams. Each team (Cincy,Pitt, and Balt.) will go about .500 against each other and will dominate outside the Divison. I just think the AFC North is that good this year.

13. It is somewhat rare that 8-8 teams make the playoffs. It almost always takes at least 9 to get there, but that is not to say it is not possible. Like you said, they would really have to dominate their non-divisional foes.

14. Bassnpro1

here is how Mel Kiper graded the draft. only time will tell how the draft really went though.

Ravens: A
    Bengals: A-
    Browns: B
    Steelers: C+

15. Bassnpro1

Kiper hit the steelers hard because he thought Essex went way early, but if it is a player you want, no sense in waiting to get him.

16. I can’t defend the Essex pick either. He may be a future HOFer (yea, right), but it seems like the Steelers could have waited a few more rounds on him? I was angry with the pick. But I’m trying to act like Gibson was a 3rd round pick, and Essex was taken in the fourth.