Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week ill be down there. Im going to try to get the point if possible. Someone said its under water. Taking my pontoon and plan on catching some cats. 2 questions. Are white bass any good for fillet? And anyone use white bass cut bait for cats at Atwood? Or know some place close I can get shad?

·
Registered
27 Posts
there is no where to buy shad.. but the atwood lake is full of them, they are easy to catch with a cast net. you can get 5 foot cast nets at walmart for like 30 bucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We caught 1/2 a dozen nicely sized channel cat using chicken livers last weekend including the biggest one I have seen personally. I'm guessing it was between 30"-36" long. My son was reeling it in and it got wrapped around the anchor line. When I pulled it to the surface it went into a roll and snapped the line. I also hooked in to something very large that I thought was a snag at first but then it started pulling out line. The hook bent and I lost it...not that I would have had a chance with the 10lb test that was on that particular pole. The biggest catch of the night was a large plastic chair...I thought I had a monster at first lol.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The busiest campground on earth at Crapwood. Any fish will work for catfish bait, just cut the fins off and cut it up in 2x3" chunks. Cut bait will catch other species as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts