Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Crupi Wannabe
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have the opportunity to hit Lake Erie up for the first time this upcoming weekend. A friend just got a 27' Cuddy and we are taking it out for a first trip.

I've been put in charge of catching some fish. I'm personally a river smallmouth guy, so I'd love to catch some smallmouth. Walleye?

We are starting out at Huron. My friend is also familar with the Ruggles (sp?) area.

What general approach should I take to find some fish? I only fish rivers, so my strategies are out the window.

Any type of recommendations, vague or clear, would be useful. If you can share any advice on the thread or by PM, I'd be happy to take you on the central OH rivers to fish for river smallies anytime!

Also, this thread may be out of line but I have no clue as to what Lake Erie is even like...I'm a bit intimidated by it to say the least!

Best regards,
Ultra

·
Registered
299 Posts
There catching fish off of cedar point I think a little east now .Ruggels seems to always have some fish.Also out in Vermilon 30ft or more.If thers a good drift I would throw erie deries if not you could troll harnesses.Just put some 3 ounce in line weights on and go to it 2-3 mph.Good luck!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Ultralight~
Best way to learn the "ways of walleyes" on Erie is to have someone go with you to show you how it's done. Unfortunately, I already have a group of guys I'm taking out this weekend so I couldn't help ya anyways. If there is another time you could make a trip I'd be glad to take you along and show you how I do it. All I ask is that each crew member help with gas $.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts